Missing Teeth? 4 Benefits of Dental Implants
- When was the last time you gave a big “show-your-teeth” smile? Missing a tooth or several teeth can be both embarrassing and frustrating. Teeth don’t just come out during football games and other contact sports, they may have had to be extracted due to an infection or having been cracked after an untreated cavity. Dental Implants are a common procedure that replace missing teeth, giving you the option to restore your mouth to its original beauty. A natural looking prosthetic tooth is attached to your jaw bone for a secure, long-lasting hold. With CNS Dental’s high success rate for dental implants in Northern Virginia, we want to share a few ways they have improved the lives of our clients.
What are Dental Implants?
Teeth can fall out for a variety of reasons including but not limited to periodontal disease, an injury, or infection. After any initial causes have been addressed, a dental implant can stop deterioration of the gum or jaw from non-use.
Dental implants are used when a natural tooth is lost or cannot be reattached. There are two main types of implants. Endosteal implants contain a screw and crown that is drilled down into your jaw bone. The screws used are made of titanium, which is the same metal used for joint replacement and ultra sturdy eyeglasses. Titanium is particularly special because it fuses with bone material very well. Subperiosteal implants, on the other hand, are placed on the jaw bone instead of in it, with the use of two metal posts to hold the prosthetic tooth in place.
4 Benefits of Dental Implants
- Eat Like Normal: Do you avoid eating anything too chewy such as steak, nuts, or even pizza? Missing even one tooth can make it difficult to chew the foods you love. While eating a creamy soup might be a great dinner on a cold winter’s night, eating soup all the time can get tiring. Biting your cheek or tongue is another issue that often goes away when there is a full set of teeth. You can enjoy all the foods you used to eat with dental implants.
- Keep Strength & Structure: When a tooth goes missing, evidence has shown that jaw bones can lose their strength. A dental implant can help maintain and strengthen bone health. Jaw and teeth structure is also maintained by reducing the load on other teeth. Similarly, the tissue where the tooth is missing can start to lose strength, but once a prosthetic tooth has been implanted, it will help preserve your natural tooth tissue. The sooner you replace the lost tooth or teeth, the better chance your bone, gum, and other teeth have of maintaining their strength and structure. After losing a tooth, trust our experienced dental implant dentists at our office in Arlington, VA to discuss your implant options as soon as possible.
- Improve Appearance: Restore your smile to its original appearance! Matching the new tooth with your surrounding teeth is not an easy task. Dr. Schantz and Dr. Ghorab have years of experience as dental implant dentists in Northern VA where they provide color-matching, so the new tooth will blend right in.
- Long-Term Investment: While dental implants may seem expensive at first glance, the benefits will last for years. As explained earlier, they can preserve the gum and strength of the jaw. Overall oral health will benefit because the force exerted on your teeth will be more evenly distributed. Even with constant use, the tooth will last a long time and not need to be redone. Unlike dentures, there is no need for additional cleaning solutions or replacement when they are lost. The new tooth can be taken care of the same way as your other teeth.
Contact a Dental Implant Dentist in Northern Virginia - DMV
Find out more ways you or a loved one could benefit from dental implants by contacting CNS Dental located on S. Glebe Road in Arlington, VA. We use the latest technology such as iTero intraoral scanning to provide you with exceptional dental services. We work with specialists to place the implant, then complete the second part of the procedure by attaching the implant crown. Our policy is to do our best to explain each step of the process so you know what to expect.
Schedule a Dental Implant Consultation with CNS Dental to review your options. Call 703-304-3881 Today!