Should I go to the Dentist During Covid-19?
It’s no doubt that anxiety of leaving the safety of our homes has grown substantially since the COVID-19 crisis began. We are hit with “stay home” and “stay safe” messages everywhere we look. While social distancing remains important to keep our communities safe, this bombardment of messaging can leave us feeling concerned and unsure.
Now, as many states are slowly easing back restrictions, there remains unclear messaging surrounding what is deemed essential and nonessential with regards to our daily activities. This uncertainty applies to many situations, and general dentistry has certainly fallen into that category.
At CNS Dental, we believe that our smiles connect us. A smile can offer joy, hope, confidence, and happiness (even if it’s from behind a mask.) With our recent reopening, we have begun taking patients for all general and emergency dental cases. While we believe that taking care of your smile is vital during these times, we also understand the concern that many are still feeling.
Our Safety Precautions Promise
Rest assured, we have put in place extensive safety precautions to ensure our staff and patients are safe during their visit to our office. These precautions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interior office doors will remain open during operating hours to ensure no one will have to touch the door handles.
- Patients will be asked to use a hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse, which aids in reducing active viruses in the mouth.
- Patients staggered throughout the office to prevent people from being grouped together in the waiting room.
- After every patient interaction, all equipment, including iPads and credit card machines, will be wiped down with alcohol wipes.
- Existing patients will be required to arrive 15 minutes early for their appointments to complete a mandatory COVID-19 consent form.
- New patients will be required to arrive 30 minutes early for their appointments.
- Our office is equipped with air purifiers featuring medical-grade filters, and our Dental staff will be wearing face shields and sneeze guards.
What You Can Do To Prepare For Your Appointment
While we are doing everything that we can to keep you safe at your appointment, there are ways that you can also help:
- Please wear a mask or face covering when coming to the office.
- Please do not bring anyone else with you for your appointment - no children or spouses will be allowed at this time.
- Please respect all our safety requirements at your appointment.
- If you have new insurance since your last appointment with us, please provide the details with our office prior to your appointment. You can email us a copy of your insurance card (front & back) to email@example.com.
You can find additional information and resources by visiting the COVID-19 Updates page on our website. If you have an outstanding appointment or wish to schedule an appointment with us, please call or email our office.
In a world where things are continually changing at an unpredictable rate, our smiles connect us now more than ever. Let us help you take care of your smile and dental health during these uncertain times.